ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONAL PROVIDING ACTIVE TREATMENT
What Is An Accredited Exercise Physiologist?
An Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP) is a University qualified allied health professionals who specialise in the prescription and delivery of individualised exercise/activity programs aimed at preventing or management of chronic diseases and injuries. To be recognised through Medicare, Private health insurers and WorkCover NSW, an AEP must be registered and accredited through the national body – Exercise and Sports Science Australia.
AEPs specialty is exercise to improve people’s health through active treatment modalities rather than passive treatment modalities. AEPs have a thorough understanding of anatomy, physiology, biomechanics and the effects of disease/injury on the body. Body Dynamics Illawarra’s AEP provide evidence based treatment to improve our client’s health.
Why an Exercise Physiologist?
Exercise isn’t just about moving, it is about moving correctly and with a purpose. There are many reasons to use an exercise physiologist.
- Exercise is our specialty
- We have an extensive understanding of anatomy, physiology, biomechanics and how the body works.
- We treat clients as individuals not as diseases or injuries.
- We look at the bigger picture and treat our clients holistically to offer them the best outcome.
- AEPs do not have a ‘one size fits all’ approach to exercise.
So if you want to:
- Be treated like an individual by professionals who provide evidence based approaches to activity and healthcare,
- See an exercise specialist,
- Be an active participant in your health goals and take charge of your injury, illness or fitness to achieve the best overall health outcome,
- Be sure that the exercise you are participating in is safe and targeted for your health concern